The physical and technological intimacy, coupled with the immediacy of social media, makes it an ideal platform for expressing enthusiasm.
When I am positively excited about something, I want to share that thing. Whether it be an idea, the sighting of the season's first hummingbird (2:04 PM yesterday!), or a professional epiphany, I want to share it with people on Twitter and friends on Facebook who may also find it exciting.
And, I enjoy being surrounded by people who are also open to and excited by new ideas, images, and knowledge. That's my social media meme.
- ► 2014 (44)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (227)
- "Even should you shake more arms than the giant Br...
- This one just keeps coming up!
- Martin Gardner (1914-2010)
- "Bond. James Bond."
- Euclid & Maxwell (per Millay & Einstein, respectiv...
- Birds do it, differently.
- SASI, a Semi-supervised Algorithm for Sarcasm Iden...
- The name of the sign.
- I confess.
- "Practice, man, practice."
- art & life
- Photo-blogging Spring's arrival, part III.
- Are legs the new fish?
- They're back!
- How'd we go without it for so long?
- not just reading, but seeing
- "Respiratory sinus arrhythmia."
- intimacy + immediacy = enthusiasm
- Story Knows No Gender
- How we shot an iris through a pinhole. (Flashing h...
- Let Your Listener Be!
- All numbers are interesting.
- The Berry Paradox.
- Photo-blogging Spring's arrival, part II.
- Photo-blogging Spring's arrival!
- detection versus estimation
- ▼ May (29)