Here's some initial thoughts on global companies doing a poor job of sharing their story:
- Sears and Kmart. Here's a recent article comparing Sears Holdings' revenue to Walmart, Target, Macy's, and JC Penny.
- Toyota, post-Prius problems
- Microsoft. Here's an interesting article about Microsoft telling a Gilded Age narrative.
- Several airlines. Although Virgin Atlantic, Southwest, and Emirates (have you seen the on-board shower?!) have established strong narratives, what brand-affirming stories are being shared by Continental or Delta?
- Many PR and advertising firms, actually. What is the story of Dentsu? Burson Marsteller?
Of course, you can not separate a person from their experience; my observations are completely subjective. What are your thoughts? What global companies do you think are failing to share stories, or are doing a poor job of sharing their stories?