August 5, 2012

"If new-laid eggs wore wooden legs I should not laugh or cry."


I would like to tell you how beautifully Corinne Winters sang the role of Anne Trulove at today's matinee of The Rake's Progress at the Barns of Wolf Trap. And I'd like to tell you that Eric Barry inhabited the title role of Tom Rakewell so perfectly that it could have been written for him! And I'd like to tell you that Margaret Gawrysiak's portrayals of Mother Goose and Baba the Turk demonstrated virtuosity and great humor.

But I can't.

I can't. Not because any of that isn't true, but because my ticket says that by attending the performance, I agreed that I "will not transmit ... any description [or] account ... of the event."

Sorry!

"... by your use of this ticket you agree, that you will not transmit ... any description [or] account ... of the event ..."


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Blog Archive