Escapism? I think escapism is healthy. Every time you cast a thought forward or look to the sky, you're escaping. I don't think of escapism as something outside of yourself; it's something natural and fundamental, like breathing. Everything we have was "escaped" into creation, right? Ideas flee the prison of the mind, become real. I believe in it as much as I believe in riding my bike or lying in the grass or digging in the dirt or eating bread or drinking water or skinning your knee. It's key.- from the interview with Brian Chippendale in the July/August 2012 issue of the Believer.
October 5, 2012
"Ideas flee the prison of the mind ..."
- ► 2014 (44)
- ► 2013 (87)
- "A dog is a great walking coach."
- Some of what fell last night.
- In what sense is it true that, had the past been i...
- Proofreading Is Important, Part XHYXHYXHYX
- "Then the machine turned on and began to let out a...
- Autumnal flower-blogging, cont'd.
- Autumnal flower-blogging!
- "Back out of all this now too much for us ..."
- This is not a slide.
- We very much enjoyed her visit!
- "Ursula" has left the building.
- FOUND DOG!
- Correlation and um, y'know, the other thing...
- "Ideas flee the prison of the mind ..."
- Headline of the Day!
- ▼ October (16)
- ► 2011 (227)
- ► 2010 (369)