Serendipitious Findability, aka, Chance Meetings.
What happens when we decide to live our lives in public, via Facebook, Twitter, etc., as defined by Micah Sifry, co-founder and editor of the Personal Democracy Forum http://personaldemocracy.com. "Chance meetings between people, facts, and people and facts."
Micah spoke last night at a wonderful new program called The Little Idea. In his short, 10 minute talk, he noted that "information isn't power: disproportionate access to information is power."
And on the topic of science and communication, Micah continued, "Geeks are taking over the earth. We feed information to them because they feed information to us."
- ► 2014 (44)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (227)
- ► 2010 (369)
- Endowment Exercise
- Of course.
- A NeuroCooking Public Service Announcement: Effect...
- "in media res" & "methods at the end"
- Serendipitious Findability
- "Read a Book, Get out of Jail"
- Explaining vision through story
- Thank the Dutch!
- Facts Fly By, Stories Stick
- Are you playing to the cameras, and, if so, what m...
- What do the bass, the treble, and 104 gauss have i...
- Also in that RFA...
- Just one sentence from the "Challenge Grant" RFA
- Heart, then Head
- Just one sentence about Duluth, Minnesota.
- "Harmonic Convergence in the Love Songs of..."
- ▼ March (17)