March 12, 2010

on happiness

"The secret of happiness is to own a convertible and a lake. If the sun shines, you can ride around in your convertible. If it rains, you can say, 'At least the rain will fill up my lake.' "
- Charles M. Schulz (1922 - 2000)

I have a bicycle that is rideable, and another bicycle that is not, because it needs new brake shoes and a new shifter cable & housing. I got the parts. So, if this weekend's weather forecast is correct, and it rains, I can work on the bike that needs work. But if the forecast is wrong, and the weather is nice, then I can ride the other bike. And, I suppose that if the weather is just right, then I can first fix the bike that needs fixing, and then ride it.

I agree with Mr. Schulz! But two bikes are more affordable than a convertible and a lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Blog Archive