If, upon watching a video on an organization's web site, your description of the video is, "It's the story of what they do", or, "It shows what they do", you've viewed a message, or a description, or lots of information, not a story.
If your response is, "That's a great story about what the organization accomplishes," or, "I could really relate to [the protagonist]", or, later that day, you find yourself sharing what you have seen, now that's a story.
- ► 2014 (44)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (121)
- Early cherry blossoms.
- Click the shutter, & your photo is online.
- "The truth is more important than the facts."
- The multitouch microscope.
- Once upon a time...
- Something about a story is not a story.
- Beer warning.
- Same magnolia, different day.
- Change, movement, & friction.
- A long, long time ago in a faraway land...
- A Sunday prognostication.
- Behind every great X is a Y.
- ... another magnolia ...
- Spring's early blossoms...
- Long-Form Storytelling in a Short-Attention-Span W...
- Sometimes, a brain does "light up"
- From Sendai to K-Town.
- You can help.
- How Twitter Makes You a Better Presenter
- Mark Trail, superhero?
- Opera in a barn (continued).
- Brown, Grey, & Green.
- Small harbingers.
- Another tip for the budding scientist!
- You read it here first!
- Correction of the day!
- brains & bikes (again!)
- ▼ March (28)
- ► 2010 (369)