Last week I received via email a movie file in .avi format that would not play on any of our Macs, until I uploaded it to YouTube; now I can watch it just fine from any device – further proof that "the cloud" has (to some degree) eliminated the old requirement that a file's format be locally readable in order for the data in that file to be visualized.
- ► 2014 (44)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (121)
- She brews 'em, I shoot 'em.
- I shoot 'em, she stews 'em.
- The irresistible epistemology of the visual false ...
- Persuasive Communication
- Fallen Soldier
- How not to tell a story.
- "Hearts and kidneys are tinker toys! I am talking ...
- "I saw my father with his eyes closed, basking in ...
- MILC is EVIL.
- "People have minds."
- Zip Code 10048.
- "Where are the words when it's my turn to ask an h...
- Back-to-School Dog-Blogging (cont'd)!
- "Let hot be hot and cold be cold, let the stone be...
- How would you design a brain?
- "We've paid our bills and the President's been ele...
- Back-to-School Dog-Blogging!
- "AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D"
- "... on the other hand ..."
- "Luxury itself..."
- Holiday-Weekend Dog-Blogging!
- "... like looking out a window ..."
- A thought for the Labor Day weekend.
- Fresh & stochastic.
- Inhibition is key.
- Seeing without reading. Or, visualization without ...
- ▼ September (28)
- ► 2010 (369)