February 13, 2013
"Today, our scientists are mapping the human brain to unlock the answers to Alzheimer’s."
"Now, if we want to make the best products, we also have to invest in the best ideas. Every dollar we invested to map the human genome returned $140 to our economy – every dollar. Today, our scientists are mapping the human brain to unlock the answers to Alzheimer’s. They’re developing drugs to regenerate damaged organs; devising new material to make batteries 10 times more powerful. Now is not the time to gut these job-creating investments in science and innovation. Now is the time to reach a level of research and development not seen since the height of the Space Race. We need to make those investments."
-Remarks by the President in yesterday's State of the Union Address.
- ► 2014 (44)
- Understatement of the Week?
- Winter Week-End Indoor Flower-Blogging!
- Compelling and Devastating.
- Not Speaking & Still Wanting to be Heard
- Title of the Week!
- "Today, our scientists are mapping the human brain...
- Missed a birthday!
- Mid-Winter Dog-Blogging!
- Free. Jazz. (or, Sidney & her man Clovis)
- "What if he was the city?"
- Edward I. Koch, 1924-2013
- Be Confident.
- ▼ February (12)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (227)
- ► 2010 (369)