Prof. Nikos Logothetis has estimated that every day, eight scientific papers are published reporting on studies using functional magnetic resonance imaging. My guess is that this year will not see one with a more remarkable title than "The default-mode, ego-functions and free-energy: a neurobiological account of Freudian ideas" by R. L. Carhart-Harris and K. J. Friston, which appears in the current issue of the journal Brain.
- ► 2014 (36)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (227)
- Everyone Loves a Hero
- 99 >? 100
- It's in California.
- "No one supposes that computer simulations of a fi...
- a blanket insult
- How are we to respond to foolish critics?
- booms & whispers
- Sometimes, left is right, & right is left.
- Prof. Robert Pound (1919-2010)
- My favorite.
- An institute with a name & logo that tell a story!...
- Reflections on the Smithsonian Institution Confere...
- A modest proposition.
- A remarkable synthesis.
- Last night in the S. Dillon Ripley center.
- "Very good" isn't good enough.
- on snapshots
- Surprise! [on genetic control of connectivity & an...
- News Flash: Earth Not Superfrigid!
- The average is irrelevant.
- End-of-the-week fun-fact!
- "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the..."
- "Relay #70, Panel F"
- Britton Chance & Shoko Nioka
- six is the first perfect number
- SCIENTISTS REPORT BRAIN CENTER BRAIN CENTER; ANNOU...
- ▼ April (26)