Setting: crowded Port Authority, NYC, bus platform
20-something man at the edge of crowded platform and escalator sees 2 women walking up moving escalator; rather than move the crowd forward and make space on the platform, he hits the emergency button to turn off the escalator. Women stumble and fall forward.
Woman: "It would have been helpful if you had told us you were going to shut off the escalator."
Man: "It would be nice if you thanked me for shutting off the escalator!"
- ► 2014 (44)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (121)
- The Smithsonian's TrailBike.
- First in a Series of Unfortunate, Overheard Conver...
- Title of the week!
- We admit...
- "... friction and vibration and resonance ..."
- The Ethics of Working with Story
- Benefits of Building a Narrative Organization
- Yes, it's a bike-related post for Earth Day.
- "Nikon 400mm f/2.8G ED AF-S VR(II)"
- "Accessible" & "acceptance".
- Half-Off Hitchcock, Today!
- Half-Off Hitchcock, Again!
- A modest proposal...
- "Yesterday, in the early evening, we went out to s...
- In Minnesota, the opposite of "vanity sizing"?
- Brains, Behavior & Communication
- Understanding is good.
- I like to watch the pretty bikes go by...
- Rule number three.
- "Music is ... "
- What a relief!
- Heart, Head, Hand & Complexity
- NeuroCooking FlashBack: The Center Center, & the C...
- ▼ April (26)
- ► 2010 (369)