- from SERIOUSLY COMMA by John Cage, originally published in Preuves (Paris) March 1966; reprinted in "A Year from Monday: New Lectures and Writings by John Cage", 1969.IT MUST BE DONE IN A WAYIT CANNOT BE TAUGHT (HESIMPLY HANDED ME A SPEC-IMEN AND WAS GENEROUSENOUGH TO SAY: IT IS EASYTO IDENTIFY. HE SAIDNOTHING ELSE. I THENNOTICED THE OPPOSITELEAVES ARRANGED ALTER-NATELY ON THE STEM ATRIGHT ANGLES). IT REMAINSTO BE SEEN WHETHERI'LL REMEMBER, HAVE TIMETO DIG.
August 6, 2011
from SERIOUSLY COMMA
- ► 2014 (44)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (121)
- Ideas for protecting the civil & human rights of p...
- Footnote of the month: On laws of nature.
- Are people books?
- See this man if you possibly can!
- Awesome! One-Hundred.
- Save the Trees of Rock Creek Hills Park!
- Headline of the Week!
- August is different.
- Home-brewing has changed my sense of time.
- from SERIOUSLY COMMA
- Some things cannot be used twice.
- "res ipsa loquitur"
- ▼ August (12)
- ► 2010 (369)