When I heard this morning on the Writer's Almanac that today is the anniversary of the experimental detection of antimatter by Carl Anderson in 1932, I thought back to last month's MIT symposium in honor of the 80th birthday of Prof. William Bertozzi, where I heard a speaker lament: "Unfortunately one cannot use antiprotons twice."
- ► 2014 (44)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (121)
- Ideas for protecting the civil & human rights of p...
- Footnote of the month: On laws of nature.
- Are people books?
- See this man if you possibly can!
- Awesome! One-Hundred.
- Save the Trees of Rock Creek Hills Park!
- Headline of the Week!
- August is different.
- Home-brewing has changed my sense of time.
- from SERIOUSLY COMMA
- Some things cannot be used twice.
- "res ipsa loquitur"
- ▼ August (12)
- ► 2010 (369)