February 10, 2010

How Your Pet’s Diet Threatens Your Marriage, and Why It’s Bush’s Fault

The New York Times offers fascinating research that the most-shared articles from their web site are awe-inspiring.

"Perhaps most of all, readers wanted to share articles that inspired awe, an emotion that the researchers investigated after noticing how many science articles made the list....
"They used two criteria for an awe-inspiring story: Its scale is large, and it requires “mental accommodation” by forcing the reader to view the world in a different way....

"“If I’ve just read this story that changes the way I understand the world and myself, I want to talk to others about what it means. I want to proselytize and share the feeling of awe. If you read the article and feel the same emotion, it will bring us closer together.”"

Read the whole article to understand the title of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Blog Archive