Daniel Levitin talked about Multiple Trace Memory the other evening, defining it simply as "simultaneously experiencing the new thing alongside the old memories." He also talked about how "great composers hit that sweet spot of rewarding you enough of the time, and surprising you."
Isn't this, too, the definition of lasting love?
- ► 2014 (44)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (227)
- ► 2010 (369)
- Now we're talkin' science!
- Where did you get your real education?
- deep thought
- Just play!
- That vs. This
- To make something really beautiful, you have to tr...
- keep it simple; don't rush
- Margaret Mead on the true test of intelligence
- Story & Experiencing the Present
- Tragic Meetings
- the importance of story in the workplace
- Multiple Trace Memory & Love
- Applied Storytelling
- ▼ May (13)