Or, the Past vs. the Present
Think of the difference between starting a story with "That was a crazy night" vs. "This is the craziest night."
Or, "I wanted my child to learn right from wrong" vs. "I want my child to learn right from wrong."
Invite your listeners into your story. Invite them to join you in the here and now. Make it about the present moment, the importance and immediacy of now.
- ► 2014 (44)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (227)
- ► 2010 (369)
- Now we're talkin' science!
- Where did you get your real education?
- deep thought
- Just play!
- That vs. This
- To make something really beautiful, you have to tr...
- keep it simple; don't rush
- Margaret Mead on the true test of intelligence
- Story & Experiencing the Present
- Tragic Meetings
- the importance of story in the workplace
- Multiple Trace Memory & Love
- Applied Storytelling
- ▼ May (13)