August 25, 2009
Presenting Research and Methodology
If you are going to be presenting research, especially to mid-sized to large audiences, you may wish to, ahead of time, post a web page thoroughly explaining the research methodology. Then, when you get a question about the methodology, you can volunteer that it is fully explained and documented on the web site, and, out of respect for the rest of audience, you will not take their time to go into details about it now. This offers both transparency and confidence, and keeps you on message. The skeptics can poke around at the research on line, instead of poking at you, the trustworthy presenter.
- ► 2014 (44)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (227)
- ► 2010 (369)
- A proof of the existence of an intelligent proofre...
- "a hot car, a hot girl, and a cold beer"
- "... fantasies of the eras when the longings began...
- stay smooth
- googlewhacks, Orwell, & modest immodesty
- as a courtesy to our readers
- "... reveals better than all the words in the worl...
- Presenting Research and Methodology
- and the last word is...
- "... in the darkened rooms, in louvered light..."
- option of the week
- status update: one hundred served
- Those Who Know the Least Yell the Loudest
- "twenty years of schooling and they put you on the...
- Story sharing, if done right, results in chaos.
- More on Believable & Bearable
- We seek to strike a responsive chord in people, no...
- Believable & Bearable
- Care for a 20-oz. pour with your 358-year-old oper...
- opera in a barn
- ▼ August (23)